Tuesday 28 February 2012

Arboretum goodness

During Floriade 2011 I started volunteering at the National Arboretum every Sunday and loved it! It has been wonderful being part of such a wonderful place and can't wait for the forests to mature.



Volunteering definitely lifted my spirit and made me feel alive.    I was a 'bucketeer' on many open days and helped out with excess plant sales, exhibition explaining and helping out with the bus tours.  Everytime I am there I am constantly smiling.  


If you get the chance to, book yourself into a bus tour at the Arboretum (email or call Jocelyn), you will really be surprised by what is up there!  



I love that the Arboretum is one of the only good things to come out of the 2003 Canberra Fires.  A big high five to the Himalayan cedar forest for saving the mature cork plantation (cedars hold a lot of water and it acted as a barrier).  


The arboretum is a magical place and I am thankful for the opportunity to be part of the history so far. 



No comments:

Post a Comment