Tuesday 28 February 2012

Applying to study horticulture

So I really want to learn horticulture and progress towards working in a nursery full time.  In order to do this I need some training!   I am a practical person so enrolling in competency based training suited me perfectly.


I went along to an info session in October at the CIT and I instantly knew that this was the light at the end of the tunnel for me.  This was it.  This was what I definitely want to do.  


The info session was the turning point where it made me feel like it was really going to happen.   I applied and enrolled into Cert III Horticulture, Production Nursery, Part time commencing in early 2012.  It one sense I have been full of joy, and in another I am saying holy shit, I am really going to do this.  Fingers crossed that I don't end up resenting it and having anything I do with horticulture feel like work.  I hear JJ keep saying to me and others something along the lines of - 'lets hope she/you doesn't turn into the case of the chef, where you cook all day, but when you get home you don't want to cook, we have a large garden and it needs love and attention!'  Don't worry JJ, I think we will be fine. You are good at weeding ;)


Yes it was a big scary move for me, but I have finally taken the plunge and are now all booked in.   High fives all round!

No comments:

Post a Comment