Tuesday 28 February 2012

Why hello there!

So I have decided to create and actually use a blog to track my transition into the life of a horticulturalist, or as a friend so lovely put it, my Tree-change.     I would like to start by thanking my wonderful husband JJ who is not only supporting me, but encouraging me to step into my dream of moving out of office land, into the great outdoors - without you I wouldn't be able to keep my sanity...  mwah! 



For as long as I can remember I have always been interested in the beauty of flora. Serene nature has always captivated me and bought me to a safe place.  I am never alone when I have such wonderful life force around me. 


One might say that it is in my blood as quite a few of my familiy members are/were/studying to be horticulturalists. One very worthy mention is my Grandpa (Jack Moore). He played a massive role in establishing Canberra's first nursery (Yarralumla) after moving from Melbourne with Grandma in the 1900s.  Grandpa also planned and established in the grounds of the government nursery - the English Gardens, a place where many Canberrans have spent afternoons lazing in the sun  or having family photo shoots.   This also happens to be the place where JJ and I got married in 2006.  It is definitely a special place to me and the extended Moore family :) 


I guess I will use this blog to track my progression into my tree change, and to also share my experiences.  One day I hope to look back at it and say - Yeah, I did that.  Wow. Happy reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment