Tuesday 28 February 2012

I work at a nursery!

So my wonderful cousin Kate worked at the Heritage Nursery at Yarralumla and had decided to move down the coast to start a new life down there.  Before she left the nursery I got in contact with her on a whim to see if the Nursery would take me on on a casual basis - she thought it was a great idea and agreed and put me in contact with the owner - Bruno.  This is not something that I would do normally - I am the kind of person to look for an advertised job, not go out approaching people - what was I thinking!!  


I met with Bruno and gave him a spiel about what I wanted to do etc.  I don't know whether it is because Kate had given me a good wrap or that he saw something in me, but I got offered a job on the spot to work casually all day, every second weekend.  He also asked me to help out with a bit of social media after I told him my background. This was another holy crap moment - could I really work two jobs and study? I guess there was only one way to find out and that is to try it!  I accepted the offer and started in late January, around the same time as I started at NHPA. 








Massive change. I started two new jobs in one week and have also found out that I will need surgery again before we can progress with our family plans.  It has taken me a while to settle down, but I am now feeling a bit calmer about it all.    I love my nursery job, I have worked three weekends so far and are fitting in well.  My feet are telling me another story - I haven't worked that long on my feet since my hospitality days, but my brain is like a sponge, wanting to know everything - I just need to pace myself and not rush in to fast!    



No comments:

Post a Comment